Sponsor & Developer
When repositioning, converting or developing a real estate asset, a complex set of overlapping work streams must be seamlessly managed. Successful implementation of these critical processes depends on a Developer’s ability to manage and execute a series of interrelated activities efficiently and at the appropriate time. By combining an owner’s role and objectives with management expertise, Rothgen approaches every project with thoughtful vision, diligence and understanding of risks.
Rothgen – Coordinating the symphony of creative developments
At Rothgen, we source and convert ideas on paper into real property improvements. We create, imagine, originate, fund, control and orchestrate this process from beginning to end.
Development requires the skills and coordination of numerous professionals ranging from the following:
- Architects, landscape architects and site planners to address project design;
- Marketing consultants and analysts to determine market demand and project economics;
- Lawyers & legal teams to handle agreements and government approvals;
- Environmental consultants, geotechnical and structural engineers to analyse a project’s physical limitations and environmental impact;
- Surveyors and title companies to provide insurance and legal descriptions of a property;
- Construction professionals to execute on the physical plan;
- Lenders and financing institutes to provide appropriate leverage - a crucial element to financial success and fulfilment of objectives.
At Rothgen, we ensure that these “sounds of the orchestra” are in-sync in order to produce the symphony that our partners, clients and investors deserve.
Real Estate Financing and Investment
The Rothgen approach to real estate investments is centred around underwriting investments based on fee ownership. Whether the investment is structured as equity, debt or both, Rothgen has the skill and knowledge to evaluate a property and formulate the right strategy to maximize its value.
With ownership and active involvement in the physical asset being its core concentration, Rothgen is able to take advantage of the opportunities and mitigate inherent risks.
The firm seeks to identify current needs and create innovative solutions to reach short and long-term investment goals. By combining an owner’s goals and objectives with management expertise, Rothgen adds value to underlying real estate. The knowledge we have gained enables us to evaluate and structure our clients’ real estate transactions to meet their business goals.
Rothgen brings depth of understanding and expertise to all its engagements and provides its partners, clients and investors direct exposure to physical underlying assets.
We offer the full spectrum of direct real estate investment, development and management services including, but not limited to, the following services:
- Identifying opportunities that meet the client’s criteria for investment;
- Analysing the most effective options, tactics, structures available to extract and maximize value;
- Obtaining fairness and other related opinions
- Managing due diligence, data rooms, site visits and all buyer investigations;
- Analysing and managing timing and transactional processes;
- Negotiating and executing agreements of sale and all related documentation;
- Providing objective, independent and informed advice for financing and transaction structuring
- Developing asset positioning and marketing strategies for sale;
- Managing related process and documentation;
- Developing buyer’s lists and managing all communications with potential buyers;
- Evaluating bids, negotiating agreements of sale and executing the final transaction
Rothgen has many resources on which to draw, including a broad base of relationships throughout various industries, which offers our network access to a wider spectrum of professional resources than they might otherwise enjoy as stand-alone investors, outside market participants or beyond.
Our comprehensive approach also means that the entire Rothgen team is actively involved in all facets of client interaction, from the initial evaluation phase to the final stages. We continually work to better understand and serve our partners and investors with respect to their goals and objectives and to offer the best investment opportunities and structures. This leads to clear, long-term strategic plans, often with specific milestones and definitive priorities for every investment.